Friday, August 16, 2013

Look who's blogging now!

There has been so much interest in Horse Haven of Tennessee lately. Folks want to know what we do and they want to know about the horses we care for. It was inevitable that somebody was going to blog about it eventually. With all that is happening in and around the world of Horse Haven, it is sometimes hard to keep up. We also have lots of stories that should be told. Some are happy, some are funny, some are awesome and some are sad. I hope to share those stories with you here on this blog.

This is my first attempt at blogging, so if you would like to see something on a particular subject, or if you have ideas or suggestions, or even want to write a guest blog, please email me at sonja.cowsert@yahoo.com.

I would like to introduce myself and tell you a little more about me and my connection with Horse Haven.
My name is Sonja Cowsert. I am a single mother of an almost 12 year old boy. We live in Clinton, Tennesse, on a 22 acre farm with two dogs, numerous cats, 3 personal horses and 9 boarded horses. I caught the horse "bug" as a child and never lost it. I was the kid with the pony on top of the Christmas list. I took riding lessons as a child but didn't acquire my first horse until I was in my twenties. My involvement with Horse Haven started many years ago. I served on the board of directors, I fostered and rehabilitated horses and participated in various events. In 2010, a year after Horse Haven moved to the Reagan Road location, I was hired as a Barn Manager. I later worked as the Equine Manager and served on the Adoption committee. Currently I serve as the Assistant Executive Director.

As this organization grows and changes, my job changes and evolves with it. This blog is a tiny part of that evolution. I am looking forward to the journey.

Tune in again next week to find out what's happening on "As the barn turns".

1 comment: